Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sunday Jambalaya on Tuesday in My New Dutch Oven

Hello again!

This was going to be my Sunday post, but our plans fell through on Sunday, so we had to delay Sunday dinner a few days.  It all works out because my husband and older daughter, Sara, were out of town a field hockey tournament.  Jambalaya is one of my family's favorite meals so they were able to have some rather than smelling the yummy onions, peppers and sausages that go into the Jambalaya.

The fun part of the night was using my brand new, porcelain-lined, RED Lodge Dutch Oven!  Normally I have a great Bialetti pan that I use for dishes like this, but I was dying to try this out.  It was awesome!  If you live in the Louisville area Kroger's has them on sale $10 off until March 24.

Back to the food!  I found this recipe in Emeril Lagasse's Louisiana Real & Rustic back when everyone was just starting to scream "Bam!" when cooking.  This is one of those dishes that take a little bit of prep work (a LOT of chopping), but when those flavors come together I swear even my dad can smell that aroma 30 miles away.

The recipe is the Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya and can be found either in the Real & Rustic cookbook, or on the Food Network Site.  Here is your link:  Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya, and here is the finished product, in my brand new dutch oven:


I use long grain rice, so instead of the water they list in the recipe I use 4.5 cups.  I also omit the 1/4 tsp of cayenne if I'm using the andouille otherwise it could make you sweat.  It's still tasty, but not everyone can handle the heat!

This is great served with a white wine, but I personally prefer a nice cold beer!

Have a great week, and thanks again for reading!!

Alicia




No comments:

Post a Comment