Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cookie Dough & Taco Dips at Trivia Night!

Hello again, everyone!

Last night was the 17th Annual FOP Trivia Night for the Louisville Area Special Olympics.  It's always a great time, and our team tied for 3rd!

We always make dips and snacks for the table and this year I decided to make two.  I use the "steam table" aluminum pans you can find at Kroger or Costco as these tend to be taken to places where I can't clean up and it's just easier that way.

Layered Taco Dip
The first is my usual standby - only because it's constantly requested.  It's also a fairly healthy dip.



I've made this for years, so no real recipe, but here's an approximation.  It's a layered dip so I'll start at the bottom:

1.  1 can of nonfat refried beans mixed with chopped jalepenos (to taste.  My husband likes this spicy so I put a few spoonfuls in).
2.  Guacamole (you can make this or buy it.  I like the Wholly Guacamole).
3.  1 pint of reduced fat sour cream combined with one package reduced sodium taco seasoning.
4.  Cheese (you can use reduced fat, but I figured we've saved enough to use the real stuff!).
5.  Chopped roma or cherry tomatoes, sprinkled on the top.
6.  Sliced jalepenos - this is strictly optional and depends on how much heat you like.  I'll refer you back to my comment on item #1.

Layer those in the order above and put in the fridge for an hour or so.  Serve with any kind of corn chips, preferably ones that are thicker.

Cookie Dough Dip
My second dip (which the Husband has labeled a gateway drug) is the Cookie Dough Dip as found on Pinterest.  I cannot rave enough about this, only to say it almost didn't make it out of the house!  I love cookie dough raw, and this is a safe version without eggs (and maybe a good idea for those with egg allergies?).

Here is the link to the recipe:  Cookie Dough Dip



We also thought this would be a great filling for cannoli!

Also, most of these are linked in my Pinterest - just look for Alicia Wilder.

Thanks again for reading, and "see you soon"!

WilderMom


No comments:

Post a Comment